Help us to continue to help animals in need!
The demand on our services and support continues to increase significantly daily. The continued impact of the cost-of-living crisis is creating a demand we are struggling to cope with and we need your support more than ever to survive these uncertain times, so we can continue to help animals now into the future.
This Christmas we are asking you to help animals in need, many of them innocent victims of what is going on in the world.
Another busy year
Despite these difficulties, there are still animals in need of rescue and in need of homes - our rescue has remained extremely busy, and we do our best to help as many animals in need that we can.
We work 365 days a year to provide for the animals in our care, including all through the festive season.
This year we have yet again taken in pets from people who have sadly died, from people who are struggling to cover the costs of basic veterinary care, more badly-bred puppies and unwanted litters of kittens as well as supporting the community by offering pet food to those in need and much more.
Between January – 1 November 2023 we have taken in and rehomed 100’s of animals, including an amazing 499 cats!!!
How you can help the animals...
All the animals in our care really want is a home for Christmas, but until that happens, we need to make sure they are well looked after, cared for, and most importantly loved. With your help we can make sure that the animals in our care have a great Christmas and that we can continue to help them and the community into the future.
There are many ways you can help and get involved:
Christmas Wishlist – items we need:
Donations can be dropped off at the centre any day between 10am-4pm or you can donate from the comfort of home through our Amazon Wishlist.
- Dogs: Quality dog food – Butchers Tripe (not gravy), Forthglade, Harringtons, Nature Diet (not fish), quick dry fleece blankets (large), poop bags, Kong (strong) dog toy, waterproof dog coats, puppy pads.
- Cats & Kittens: Quality wet food pouches, dry biscuits, cat & kitten gastro/sensitive food, wood pellet litter, quick dry fleece blankets (small/medium).
- Rabbit & Guinea Pig: Excel, Selective or Burgess food, baby bunny food, quality natural treats (not museli).
- Cleaning Supplies: Ethical (cruelty free) cleaning supplies (not bleach), strong black bin bags, good quality yard / inside brushes, toilet rolls, blue roll, kitchen roll, vinyl gloves.
- Health & Veterinary Supplies: Cotton wool, Fortiflora, Feliway, Clogs, Sterillium Hand Disinfectant, vet bedding, Zylkene, Hibiscrub, Adaptil.
We are ok for treats, toys and bowls.
Give a ‘Cash’ Gift
The best way you can support us is to donate, no matter how small, it all helps to care for the animals. You can donate in several ways:
- Send a cheque to: Warrington Animal Welfare, Slutchers Lane, Bank Quay, Warrington, WA1 1NA
- Online donation (one off or regular monthly donation) via JustGiving or Charity Checkout (Donate)
- PayPal – using: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Debit / Standing Order / Bank Transfer: Set up a regular or a one off Direct Debit using our Bank Details:
Sort Code 60 20 29
A/c Number 46781110
Account Name: Warrington Animal Welfare (comes up as a Business Account)
- Text to Donate:
To donate £5, text NEUT001 to 70970
To donate £10, text NEUT001 to 70191
Become ‘A Friend of Warrington Animal Welfare’
Would you like to join us to help animals in the long term? Then find out how you could set up a monthly donation here.
Let us take the stress out of your Christmas shopping!
Donate in lieu of a gift to help animals in need!
Not sure what to get your animal loving friend or relative for Christmas? Then let us help!
If you would like to donate a ‘Gift’ to help us to look after the animals in rescue this Christmas, in lieu of a present to your friends or family, please get in touch.
We will send you a WAW Gift Voucher for you to give to your recipient to show them that a donation has been made in their name.
WHAT TO DO?
- Email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name
- How much you wish to donate (minimum of £5 - if you have donated already, please send proof e.g. a screen shot of receipt) – how to donateis above or you can click here.
- Your address (if you require a certificate)
- Please indicate if it is more than one donation / certificate required
- Your certificate will be completed with your donation amount and sent to you in the post.
Please note we will ALWAYS send the ‘Gift Voucher’ to YOU, for you to give to your recipient.
If you do not require any 'Certificate Vouchers' and would prefer just to donate, you can do it in several ways – see above!