Exciting opportunity to work with animals!
We need an extra pair of hands at our rehoming centre, to look after all the animals in our care and help to get them into forever homes. So, if you are a team player with a passion for animals, then why not join the WAW team.
We are looking for someone to work at the centre, caring for the animals, establish good customer relations and be confident with a range of administration duties.
- Part time – 24hrs a week negotiable (across various shifts, including some weekends & bank holidays – with flexibility to extra hours to cover holidays & sickness)
- Responsible to: The WAW Centre Manager
- Location: Warrington Animal Welfare Rescue Centre, Warrington
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Application Deadline: Friday 11 June 2021
- Previous experience working in a vets or animal rescue environment.
- Driving license and the confidence to drive a large van.
- Confident handling domestic pets including, but not limited to dogs, cats, rabbits and guinea pigs.
- Excellent communication skills are a must as you must be confident working as part of a small team along with other staff, volunteers, members of the public and Trustees.
- Accurate and methodical.
- IT Literate - use of a computer, electronic payment system and databases.
A dog behavioural qualification would be a definite advantage as would working in a similar fast paced environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Cleaning animal accommodation for cats, dogs, rabbits & guinea pigs.
- Walking dogs of all sizes.
- Preparing and providing food and water for all animals.
- Administering prescribed medication.
- Admitting animals – providing basic health-checks, flea & worm treatments.
- Supporting the on-site Veterinary clinic.
- Greeting visitors on arrival at the centre.
- Showing animals to visitors.
- Animal surrender & adoptions.
- Working with & supporting volunteers / training new volunteers.
- Registering & checking microchips.
- Checking information on rescue database
- Accurate completion of relevant documentation for surrenders, adoptions, foster agreements.
- Health and Safety - ensure that H&S policy and procedures are adhered to and embedded to deliver effective and safe services and operations.
- Data Protection - complying with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 whilst undertaking all duties.
- Equality and Diversity - apply and embed fairness and equality in both the delivery and offer of all services, to ensure that all staff and customers are treated fairly, to meet an individual’s personal circumstances.
- Ad hoc duties as required – including hands on with animals when required e.g. helping with feeding and cleaning when needed.
- Promote the Charity and its values and ethics in a positive manner.
How to apply?
Please send in a CV and covering letter/email which details what you could bring to the role, highlighting previous experiences relevant to the role.
- Post: Warrington Animal Welfare (Recruitment), Bank Quay, Slutchers Lane, Warrington, Cheshire, WA1 1PJ
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is Friday 11 June 2021
Recruitment and interviews will adhere to social distancing rules that still maybe in place.