Join the WAW Team:
Cattery Assistant and Rehoming Co-ordinator
Exciting opportunity to work with animals!
We need an extra pair of hands at our rehoming centre, to look after all the animals in our care and help to get them into forever homes. So, if you are a team player with a passion for animals, then why not join the WAW team?
We are looking for someone to work at the centre, primarily in the cattery caring for cats and supporting the rehoming process. With no two days the same, you will need to be able to adapt and be comfortable working in a face paced environment, establish good customer relations and be confident with a range of administration duties.
- Part time – 3 days a week (8.30am – 4.30pm, across various shifts, including some weekends & bank holidays – with flexibility to extra hours to cover holidays & sickness) – these hours could possibly increase.
- Responsible to: The WAW Centre Manager
- Location: Warrington Animal Welfare Rescue Centre, Warrington
- Minimum wage – but negotiable depending on experience
- Application Deadline: Friday 1 October 2021
- Full driving license
- Confident handling cats – included feral
- Knowledge of cats – including common illness / disease
- IT Literate - use of a computer, electronic payment system and databases
- Excellent communication skills are a must as you must be confident working as part of a small team along with other staff, volunteers, members of the public and Trustees
- Accurate and methodical
- Previous experience working in a vets or animal rescue environment.
- Experience of rabbits and other small furries.
- Confidence to drive a large van.
- Experience of working in a similar fast paced environment.
- Social media – answering messages, creating posts
What you'll be doing:
- Cleaning animal accommodation for cats (and when necessary, rabbits & guinea pigs)
- Preparing and providing food and water for animals.
- Administering prescribed medication
- Admitting animals – providing basic health-checks, flea & worm treatments
- Supporting the on-site Veterinary clinic, including admitting animals for treatment
- Reviewing adoption applications – identifying nice homes within the WAW rehoming criteria
- Speaking to potential adopters on the phone
- Contacting vets for potential adopter references
- Arranging appointments
- Showing potential adopters’ cats (and when necessary, rabbits & guinea pigs).
- Greeting visitors on arrival at the centre
- Animal surrenders
- Working with & supporting volunteers / training new volunteers
- Registering & checking microchips
- Checking information on rescue database
- Accurate completion of relevant documentation for surrenders, adoptions, foster agreements
- Ad hoc duties as required – including hands on with all types of animals when required (feeding and cleaning)
- Driving - vet visits / collecting animals and donattions etc.
- Health and Safety - ensure that H&S policy and procedures are adhered to and embedded to deliver effective and safe services and operations
- Data Protection - complying with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 whilst undertaking all duties
- Equality and Diversity - apply and embed fairness and equality in both the delivery and offer of all services, to ensure that all staff and customers are treated fairly, to meet an individual’s personal circumstances
- Promote the Charity and its values and ethics in a positive manner
You will need to be resilient with a positive can do attitude and understand that animal rescue is not 9-5, and be willing to get involved in activities away from the day to day operations.
How to apply?
Please send in a CV and covering letter/email which details what you could bring to the role, highlighting previous experiences relevant to the role.
- Post: Warrington Animal Welfare (Recruitment), Bank Quay, Slutchers Lane, Warrington, Cheshire, WA1 1PJ
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is Friday 1 October 2021